VOCATIONAL AND HIGHER EDUCATION NEWS
Looking for a tutor?
La Trobe University have a tutoring scheme where they can match La Trobe students with secondary school students. La Trobe students have first hand knowledge of secondary subjects, they cost less than tutors available through tutoring agencies and they’re able to communicate and relate easily to other students. Contact email@example.com for more information or call 03 9479 1373
Would you like to earn money whilst you study business?
The University of Ballarat have developed a partnership program with IBM where their school of business students can apply for one of 20 paid customer service positions. The work includes 4 weeks of training and provides regular employment at the UB Technology Park – adjacent to the Mt Helen Campus. Other benefits include a generous casual rate of pay, flexible hours (12 – 20 per week) and internship and career development with IBM Global Services. For further information see www.ballarat.edu.au/ard/business/IBM
Passionate about environmental sustainability?
Swinburne Uni have two new degrees in sustainability- 1) Bachelor of Arts (Sustainability Management): In this course, students will study global warming, resource depletion, fossil fuel and motor-vehicle dependence, community health, social exclusion, inequality, health and social wellbeing. 2) Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sustainability): In this course, students will learn about sustainability on a local and global scale, examine effects of environmental, social and ecological degradation and take a scientific approach to assess the responsibility of stakeholder groups in managing environmental sustainability. For more information, go to www.swinburne.edu.au
UPCOMING COLLEGE EVENTS
VTAC Guides 2011
Current Year 12 students need to order their VTAC guide by paying $15.00 to our General Office by April 16th for an order to be placed. These ordered guides will be delivered in the third week of Term 3-2010.
TAX FILE NUMBERS
All students can access this school’s service to gain a tax file number. We will provide the identification necessary without the hassle of taking documents to the Taxation Office. Students need to collect the form from me or Jim Moylan complete the details and they will be processed. Forms must be returned to us by Friday 19th March.
UPCOMING LOCAL EVENTS
VTAC parent seminar
I am hopeful we will gain in August personnel from VTAC to run an information evening for local parents as they have done in the past. This event has enabled parents to gain an understanding of the application process and support their student at this often ‘stressful’ time. I will inform you all as soon as I receive confirmation of my success in applying for this seminar.
UPCOMING STATE EVENTS
Love Art and Design?
Swinburne Uni will be hosting their Art and Design Discovery Day Thursday 8th April at their Prahran and Wantirna Campuses. You will learn about their courses and programs in these areas and industry career pathways. Registration is compulsory and our dedicated event website will go live from Thursday 11th March. Places are limited and fill up fast, so register early at www.future.swinburne.edu.au/artanddesign
- 7th – 9th : Folio Preparation Program in Graphic Design, RMIT, www.shortcourses.rmit.edu.au
- 7th – 9th : Drawing Out Conference, RMIT, www.drawingout.com.au/registration
- 7th - 8th : Keeper for a Day, Healesville Sanctuary, www.zoo.org.au/Learning/Programs/Student_Conferences/Careers
- 8th : Art and Design Discovery Day, Swinburne Uni, Prahran and Wantirna Campuses, www.swinburne.edu.au
- Careers at the Zoo, Werribee Open Range Zoo, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, www.zoo.org.au
- 9th : Career Information Session, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, www.vifm.org
- 9th : Talk and Tour, La Trobe University, Bundoora Campus, www.latrobe.edu.au/study/events/schools
- 9th : Access All Areas, Uni of Melbourne, Parkville Campus Vic, www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/events
- 19th : Plain English Speaking Awards, application forms due, www.vcaa.edu.au/excellenceawards/
- Meet Melbourne, Uni of Melbourne- Shepparton (21), Albury/ Wodonga (22), Glen Waverley (27), Caroline Springs (28) www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/events
- 23rd – 25th : The Age VCE and Careers Expo, Caulfield Racecourse Vic, 03 9596 8881, www.vceandcareers.com.au
Sue Bell- Post School Options Coordinator.
Telephone: 02 60 437500