Please note the following important information in relation to changed COVID-19 settings in schools.
COVID-19 isolation requirements have changed
The Victorian Government has announced the end of the Pandemic Declaration and associated Pandemic Orders.
The following settings, based on advice from the Department of Health, will apply from 11.59pm Wednesday 12 October 2022.
It is strongly recommended that students:
- who test positive to COVID-19 stay home and isolate for 5 days
- should not attend school after 5 days if still symptomatic
- who are symptomatic but have not tested positive should not attend school
- advise the school of the COVID-19 positive test result
Where students become symptomatic at school they should:
- be collected by their parents/carers
- undergo testing for COVID-19
- Staff and students who wish to wear a face mask should be supported to do so. WSSC will continue to make face masks available for staff, students and visitors.
- The Department of Health recommends that masks should be worn by a person who is a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 when leaving home.
- Additionally, the Department of Health recommends that masks should be worn by a person who has COVID-19, for at least 7 days after a positive test, when they need to leave home.