Attention parents of year 10 students,
WSSC has decided to participate in a research project conducted by Deakin University, by asking year 10 students to complete an anonymous online survey to help the researchers increase their understanding of how young people use different sources of information about human sexuality, and what opinions young people have about their experiences of school-based sexuality education. The data from this survey has the potential to inform the design of resources for the National Curriculum in Health and Physical Education.
A substantial web based survey has been constructed to gather data. The questionnaire contains questions about:
- Demographic information (e.g., participants’ age, gender, current school, year level)
- Students’ views on the sexuality education program they were taught
- What parts of the sexuality education program they were taught
- Students’ views on what else should be included in the sexuality education program
- Issues and dilemmas they faced when learning in sexuality education
- Students’ ideas about how the sexuality education program, and how it is taught, could be improved
The survey should take about 15 minutes to complete and will be completed in class.
The survey is Phase 1 of this research. In Phase 2 your child may be invited to participate in the development of sexuality education resources in small groups.
If you DO NOT wish your child to participate in this research project or if you require any additional information you should leave a message for Leesa Lynch at the school on 6043 7500 by Monday of week 3 (27th April).