Today, Premier Daniel Andrews announced that face coverings will be compulsory for all Victorians from Monday. To ensure the safety of our students and staff, WSSC will be following current Department of Education guidelines as they pertain to Melbourne and the Mitchell shire, and requiring all students to wear face coverings whilst at school as well as when they are travelling to and from school.
- Face coverings will be required to be worn at all times by all students and staff
- Teachers may remove their face covering when teaching, but must wear it at all other times
- Students are required to supply their own face covering
- A small number of masks will be available at the school for emergencies
- Students who refuse to wear a face covering will be required to go home
- Exemptions from wearing a face covering must be sought from AP’s Matt Moylan and Mark Smit
Should the DET guidelines change we will communicate this ASAP.
We also remind our College community that if you or your child are sick, or have symptoms, stay home from school or work and get tested ASAP. It is everybody’s collective responsibility to ensure the health and safety of our community.
If you have any questions in relation to this please phone the College on 60437500