Wodonga Senior Secondary College is one of Victoria’s largest senior colleges known for its extensive curriculum choice, cutting edge approach to education, varied learning experiences.
Big School Opportunities, Small School Care
With our broad range of academic and vocational selections, opportunity and choice are a promise of a WSSC education. However, we also provide small-school care so every student feels valued and supported. We offer smaller learning communities over the different year levels, tailoring programs to meet the unique needs of individual students, further supported by our careers and wellbeing programs.
Our motto is ‘Every Student, Every Opportunity, Success for All’
The College is built on the foundations of over 50 years of secondary education in the Wodonga district. These grand traditions are the basis of our grand future. We offer the widest variety of subject choices in the region and the ability to enable all students to choose their individually suited pathways for success. Our aim is to provide all students with the maximum opportunity for personal and academic growth in a supportive environment; one specially designed to advance students in their later secondary years.
Through the College Graduate Program, every student is provided with personal counselling and careers information to assist in the transition from school to the years beyond; from Tertiary education choices, apprenticeships and traineeships to job preparation.
Enrolling at WSSC
Contact the College office to make an appointment with a Year Level Coordinator or Assistant Principal on (02) 6043 7500.
- Enrolment interview
- Facilities tour
What we offer
- Student choice from many subject options in Year 10.
- PreCAL, School based New Apprenticeships and the alternative option to VCE, the VCAL.
- The opportunity for students in Year 10 to select VCE Units.
- A wide range of VCE & VET subjects for Units 1/2 & 3/4
- University-like atmosphere
- Flexible programs, including Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs, School based New Apprenticeships, VCE support units, and access to university enhancement studies.
- Individual counselling to ensure that student programs meet career goals, tertiary aspirations and abilities. The emphasis is on the selection of a course of study for each student that will provide the maximum opportunity for success.
- Support for students in these crucial years of study, with staff experienced in providing academic, career and personal guidance.
Subject Information Guide
Click the link Below to download the 2019 Subject Information Guide.
The Subject Guide contains:
- Subject area contacts
- Year 10 Subjects
- VET, VCE and SBA information
- Subject fees
Online Learning Environment
The Colleges Learning Management System helps students to stay on track and work from anywhere. Every subject has documented online curriculum that provides students will course timelines, outcomes, achievement standards, learning resources, assessments, assignment submission and feedback.
The College utilises a School Portal allowing parents and guardians to maintain a three way partnership between the classroom teachers, their child and parents. The School Portal has many features and is constantly being developed to meet the needs of the parents and guardians of students at the College. Current features of the School Portal include:
- Viewing of student reports
- Payment and management of school fees
- Printable student timetable
- Teacher and coordinator email contact
- Viewing student attendance
- Parent approve of student absences
Login details for the School Portal have been sent to you at the beginning of the year. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the School Portal, contact the College on (02) 6043 7500.
Year 10 Structure
Are you wearing the correct uniform?
Assistant Principal, Transition
Assistant Principal, Student Wellbeing
Year 10 Coordinator, Transition
These staff are contactable by phone (02) 6043 7500 or email SeniorCollege@wssc.vic.edu.au