Below is some of the latest information from the relevant authorities about the Coronavirus.
1. Vic Health latest bulletin:
Anyone who has travelled in the past 14 days to Hubei Province, including Wuhan City, or is a close contact of c confirmed case is asked to:
- self-isolate at home and avoid public settings for 14 days after leaving Hubei Province.
- seek medical assistance if you become unwell during this time.
2. Smart Traveller: What we recommend
- The World Health Organization is closely monitoring the situation. As the situation in Wuhan is rapidly evolving and information about the new coronavirus is still limited, we recommend you do not travel to Hubei Province.
- We now advise you to reconsider your need to travel to China overall. Chinese authorities have restricted travel for parts of the country and may extend these restrictions at short notice. Travellers may be quarantined, due to their health condition or previous location.
- Do not travel to Hubei Province.
3. DET: School attendance
This recommendation is that parents/guardians/carers/ of students should ensure that any student is isolated at home and should not attend school for 14 days:
- following exposure to any confirmed novel coronavirus case; or
- after leaving Hubei Province.
This same advice applies to any staff who have returned or are returning from Hubei Province.
The Chief Health Officer’s current advice is that staff and students do not need to be isolated at home if they have recently travelled in other parts of China or other countries are not not showing any symptoms of the virus.