We are seeking expressions of interest to Home Stay circus students in 2018. Currently, we have 2 girls from Queensland who have joined the FFFC (Flying Fruit Fly Circus)and are seeking a family to live with. The students would return to Queensland for the school holidays. If you know of anyone who may be enthusiastic about offering a home for the girls please let us know.
The girls are currently attending Wodonga Senior SC – ALICIA MACCARONE Year 11 and AJ Johnson – Circus School (Felltimber Campus) – Year 9. The girls would love to stay in the same Home Stay but do understand this may not be possible.
We can arrange for families to meet the students prior to any commitment or Home Stay Agreements being made. The Circus is currently putting together some information about each student eg. Interests, hobbies, allergies etc.
Home Stay for Circus students will follow the same processes as we do for International Student Home Stay of students from China, Vietnam, Iran, Taiwan etc.
- All meals (including lunch) – Circus students will require plenty of ‘fuel’ in the tank.
- Internet access in the home/Students generally will have their own mobile devices/plans.
- Single bedroom with wardrobe, desk, lighting & bed.
- Provision of a current Working with Children Check for anyone living in the home who is Over 18
- Preparedness to pick up students from after-school training sessions in Albury (7 pm Monday-Thursday).
- Preparedness to attend student progress interviews.
- Ensure students meet attendance, uniform requirements for the school they attend.
- Immerse students in the life of the family.
- Transportation to rail, local airport for return travel to Queensland.
- Students will be required to pay a 2-week bond – refundable after the Home Stay period ends if there are no issues eg. Overdue money.
- Students will be required to pay $290 per week to the Home Stay family. This can be weekly, monthly and is usually paid into bank accounts from the family to the Home Stay family.
- Home Stay agreement documents will be completed by the Home Stay Family, Students, and their family.
- The Home Stay Coordinator will regularly visit the home/ stay in contact with the families and act as a liaison between all parties.
If you are interested or know of anyone who might be please contact or speak to:
Wodonga Senior SC – Di Larkin email@example.com
Wodonga Middle Years College – Mel McClure MMclure@wmyc.vic.edu.au
FFFC – Terie Quealy firstname.lastname@example.org