Next Steps for WMYC Students
- Subject Selection opens Monday 30 August
- Visit the Wodonga Senior Secondary College Subject Information website to learn about the subjects available
- Your CARE teacher will discuss your chosen subjects with you and provide details for you to log on & select your subjects
- Print your selected subjects and get your parent/carer to sign the sheet
- Return signed Subject Selection form to your CARE teacher
Next Steps for Students Transitioning from a School other than WMYC
- Complete Enquire to Enrol
- Wodonga Senior Secondary College will be in contact to gather further details
- Read, watch and join in with the information provided below
- Complete an enrolment form
- Select Year 10 subjects
Year 10 Subject Selection
Young people intending on enrolling in Year 10 at Wodonga Senior Secondary College in 2022 need to select their subjects for Semester 1.
All students (with exception of AAP students) will complete Maths, English and the Graduate Program. Students need to select either:
- Humanities, AVID or a Language; and
- Science, AVID or a Language.
Students also have the option of selecting two electives.
Year 10 Transition Information & Subject Q&A Session
Year 9 students and their families are invited to attend our Year 10 Transition Information sessions. This session will provide excellent information on the following:
- The Senior College philosophy
- The benefits of a later years focus
- Year 10 structure
- Senior Pathways – VCE / VCAL / VET
- Workplace opportunities
- Learning technologies
Click here for information about WSSC ‘On Show’.
Attend WSSC ‘On Show’ for a College tour or click here to attend one of our scheduled tours.
Click here to virtually tour the outstanding teaching and learning facilities at Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
Laptop Information Session
Year 9 students and their parents/carers are invited to attend an information session about the Notebook Program at the Senior College on Tuesday 12 October from 6.00pm to 6.45pm. The session will cover the specific ICT requirements, services and options available to students at the College.
Event details will be posted closer to the date.
For further information and for purchasing, please visit the College purchasing portal here.
Academic Advancement Program
Wodonga Senior Secondary College proudly offers the Academic Advancement Program (AAP) as an accelerated learning opportunity in Semester 1 of Year 10. AAP is designed to enhance the learning of students with high educational aspirations.
The program is offered in Advanced English, Advanced Maths, Advanced Humanities and Advanced Science. Students accepted into AAP have the option of doing one or more of the advanced subjects depending on their needs and elective choices.
The benefits of studying Advanced subjects are:
- Developing a deeper understanding of the subject;
- Setting up solid study habits that will help students excel in VCE; and
- Being challenged and more prepared to pursue harder subjects in VCE.
Students currently enrolled in AAP at WMYC can automatically transfer into the program at WSSC by selecting Advanced subjects.
Students not currently enrolled in AAP will be selected based on their WMYC Essential Assessment results and teacher recommendation. Students need to select the Advanced subject/s to be considered. If a student is unsuccessful they will be notified and put into the standard core subject.
Key AAP Dates
- AAP Senior College Presentation for current AAP students – Tuesday 3 August 2021
- Complete Subject Selection – Monday 13 September 2021
- Students Notified – Monday 11 October 2021