Welcome to 2017 at Wodonga Senior Secondary College! Your active involvement will assist your child to have a successful year.
We have compiled an Information Package to assist transition to the next year of study.
The package includes:
– Headstart – For all 2017 students, classes will be held for two weeks from Monday 21st November – Friday 2nd December 2016 with a presentation and awards assembly for all students in Galvin Hall on Friday 2nd December at 11.00am-12.30pm.
Parents are invited to the assembly and are welcome to join students and teachers for a free barbeque lunch.
Semester Two Reports will also be distributed to the current Year 10 and 11 students immediately after the assembly.
– School Portal – If you have never accessed the school portal formally known as the parent portal (or not logged on in the past six months) you will receive an SMS on Thursday (17/11) prior to the commencement of Headstart with your username and password which will allow you to access the school portal. For those parents who have accessed the school portal within the last six months you will not receive an SMS and can continue to use your current login details. We recommend that you change your password every six months for security purposes. If you have forgotten your password, you can contact the office to have the password reset which will be sent via SMS to the contact mobile number we have recorded for you.
– Subject Fees/Text Book Hire for 2017 – In 2017, the on-line ordering system will be used again for the ordering of text books via the book hire scheme and subject fees where they are applicable. The system can be accessed by clicking the School Portal link (refer log-in details above and there are log-in instructions on the College website on the www.wssc.vic.edu.au homepage.) Once logged on, your student booklist requirements will appear based on the subjects selected. The complete 2017 booklist for all year levels is available on the College website for your information Your students booklist requirements with individual subject selections is displayed on the school portal with the required hire text books and subject fees
The booklist costs can be paid via EFT, credit card, and BPAY. With Centrepay payment arrangements you will need to call in to the College main office to complete the documentation.
Please note the following:
Books will not be ordered from suppliers until payment or arrangements have been processed
If you need to organise a payment plan or Centrepay payments please contact the office on (02) 60 437500
You will receive an order confirmation via email, please ensure your email recorded with the College is correct, if unsure contact the College office.
To allow the smooth processing of orders and pick up of booklists, please be aware that:
• Credit card payments will take 48 hours to process
• Bpay payments may take up to 3-5 days for processing
• EFT payments can be made between 8.30am-4.30pm at the College office.
The hire text books will be available to be picked up on Wednesday 25th January 2017 and will be held in our library located on the Brockley Street entrance (the main entrance to the College).
If you are not available to attend on the above date, orders that have been paid and payment plans arranged can be collected during normal school hours between 9am – 4pm
All orders placed and paid for including payment plans by Friday 9th December will go into a draw to win one of 3 x $100 Coles/Myer voucher (one prize for each year level)
– Year 11 and Year 12 students – Enrolment Details
To ensure all of the enrolment details we hold on your student are correct and up-to-date, please advise the College office of any changes, in particular change of address, mobile numbers, emergency contact details and any medical conditions that the College should be aware of.
– Computer Device – Notebooks Program/Ultrabook – In 2017 there will be two options available for students, with information available on the College website.
– Purchasing can be made via the schools purchasing portal page https://shop.wssc.vic.edu.au. All devices will be covered by a manufacturer warranty and an Accidental Damage Policy (ADP) with a capped excess fee of $15. Please contact our IT department if you have further queries.
Subject Fees for Essential educational items: These are Items or services that are essential to support the course of instruction in the standard curriculum program that parents and guardians are responsible for, ( i.e. exams, subject revision, online subscriptions, text books and other paper based college learning materials that students take ownership) (DET Policy).
The cost for each selected subject is included in the school portal.
– Student Rights and Responsibilities – During the Headstart Program, your Graduate Teacher will discuss with their class the document relating to student rights and responsibilities which details what the College expects from each student who attends the College in 2017. Each student will be required to sign documents acknowledging their acceptance of this agreement. Also, on Day 1 of Headstart, students will receive a printed timetable based on their subject selection plus on the back of this document will be text book hire fee and relevant subject fees to what your student has selected for 2017.
Our College has established itself as a leading learning institution in Wodonga and looks forward to providing your child’s education requirements in 2017.
If you have any queries on the above, please contact our College office.