Wodonga Senior Secondary College is currently seeking applications for 2017 for the position of: Student Engagement Trainee
The Trainee will commence on 30/01/2017 and cease on 29/01/2018. The terms of employment will come under the VYP Traineeship scheme. Trainee Award wages will apply. A certificate will be awarded at the end of the Traineeship.
Applications close on Thursday 15th of December 2016. The Position Description with selection criteria is available upon request or please refer to the school’s website
Student Engagement Trainee
To assist the Student Engagement Coordinator, Transition Coordinator and Structured Workplace Learning Coordinator to meet student outcomes within the Graduate Program, Student Transition and Work Experience Programs. To mentor and lead the College Captains and Student Leadership Council to deliver an engaging and motivating student governing body.
- To increase student aspiration
- To increase student participation in structured workplace learning
- To increase student participation in Impact Projects
- To increase student outcomes linked to WMYC Year 9-10 Transition
- To increase student outcomes linked to WSSC Year 12 out Transition
- To increase Wodonga Senior Secondary College community partnerships
- To mentor and support the College Captains and Student Leadership Council
To assist the Student Engagement Coordinator and Workplace Learning Coordinator:
- To support students to actively engage in and evidence authentic and purposeful Impact Projects
- To support and provide opportunities for students to develop and extend within the GP 11 Attributes
- To support students to engage in meaningful work experience opportunities and assist staff and students in navigating the relevant policies and procedures
- To mentor and support the College Captains and Student Leadership Council to deliver an engaging program and variety of opportunities within the College curriculum and extracurricular activities
- To assist with the connection and collaboration with agencies, councils and educational settings within the Wodonga community.
- To assist with meaningful and targeted student Transition from WMYC and other educational facilities
- To assist with meaningful and targeted student Careers Pathway and Exit Transitions from WSSC
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- High level commitment to the student engagement at Wodonga Senior Secondary College.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a number of tasks at any one time working to deadlines.
- Promote a safe school environment.
- High level communication skills and ability to act in a professional manner with colleagues and, where appropriate with students.
- Good team and leadership skills